Saturday, July 18, 2009

my metallic yarn project

i hate the yarn i picked. hate, hate, hate it. i brought it to the theater for HBP, thinking i would crochet waiting for the midnight showing, but i pulled the project out and the whole damn thing was knotted beyond belief. that was not the first time i had to spend long useless amounts of time trying to control this yarn. so, i tried another today. absolutely horrid. far worse than the first. now i am switching to vanna's glamour yarn which is really just cream shot with gold. it does not look golden enough to work for my project.

the frustrations i have had with this project have made me nearly abandon it. hiss.

---

the other project i am working on is a little doll made of that crazy eyelash yarn that was all the rage a few years ago. i had the body sorted after 2 tries, and whipped up little arms and legs, but putting them on made me realize i needed to do things in a different order. alas. i must redo it. more hiss.

---

oh, and i FINALLY got a call about my superwash cascade yarn for my snakey scale scarf. WTF? it took 2 months to show up. i still haven't picked it up, however.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment